I'm okay

That's what I've been told, and what I keep telling myself. Doctors at the BIG hospital in Turku told me "there's nothing somatically wrong with you" and "you're just hyperventilating, and that makes your heart feel like it's in pain". So apparently, all it was was 4-5 days of 'summer flu' and some hyperventilation. Took a total of 8 days to get rid of. Felt awfully weird though, and I'm still being tired all the time.

So, thank you all so much for your concern. I'm apparently okay now. But it scares you when you don't have the energy to even inform folks online that you're up and getting better. The headache I got from looking at a computer screen was really fierce, not to mention the nausea I got at times from just sitting upright.

I'm okay. I'm fine. Really, I am. There's nothing wrong with me. I'm just a little tired all the time and my joints ache and I'm worried that I'm loosing muscle mass. Because you do that when you sit still too much, which I do. It's as if every iota of reserve energy I had got used up, and I'll be weak until I accumulate some more.

So, at the end of this week, there's Midsummer's Eve. Most people in Finland celebrate it at their summer houses/cottages, with sauna and barbecues. We, on the other hand, are just going to take it slow:  just be at home and do nothing. Maybe I could sleep some 18 hours a night or so, while Micke can sit up all night long and play on the computer. Maybe we could go and have a swim at Samppalinna. It's an outdoors swimming pool stadium that's open only in the summer. Looking at their web-pages now, I see that they're going to hold their "Moonlight swim" events 4 times this summer. The next one is on Friday the 2nd of July from 21:00 to 02:00. Last time me and Micke went (last year in August), he got so cold at 01:00 that we had to go home early. I'm the better swimmer of us two. (But he's better athletically at everything else!)

I'm fine. Next thing you know, I'll be planting and doing the dishes and summer clean the whole apartment. At the least, I'll vacuum it.


Seriously, I'm okay. If I say it enough, it'll become the truth.

Comments

  1. Frassen å Kisun som tassar på skärmen :)23/6/10 17:32

    Srsly? :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interessant att läsa, Linnea. Jag har alltid varit den som svimmar hela tiden och inte mår bra under stress. Eller var denna, särskilt under tonårsdagarna och i "young adulthood". När jag blev stressad eller inte åt tillräckligt eller åt dåligt eller inte drack tillräckligt med vatten så svimmade jag. Helt liksom, oh my god, there she goes. I affären, på planet, efter fotbollsmatchen, osv.

    Efter undersökningar hos kardiologen, (först vid 32 års ålder!) visade det sig att jag har "mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation". Slå upp det, snälla du. Kan omöjligt oversätta sånt. Har dom åstadkommit till att du inte har medfödd hjärtfel såsom din kusin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the land of the living... How are you feeling today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Abar, I finally think I'm feeling back to normal. I still get slightly depressed at times, but I think this week at my Mom ad Dad's house had helped a lot. Their pace is so much slower than my life in Turku, so it force you to decompress. Even though they drive me slighty barmy, they still try to get me to feel better :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment