Craft Project Wednesday: Sewing yo-yos

Craft Project Wednesday is a 2012 recurring blog post
 where I present a craft project I'm currently working on.

Yo, you yo-yo's!

I've been sewing these stuffed yo-yo's now for a while now already. What first started out as an idea "that I just wanted to see if would work" has now become a full scale jewelry project spanning different colors. I already have one finished "thing" that I made using these, but you'll see more of that one on Friday. You can hold on for two days, right? It's not like you HAVE to know immediately or anything.

It's relatively easy to sew these slightly more special yo-yos, as long as you have the materials and the patience. And the acceptance. Because unless you're in possession of a yo-yo maker they won't be exactly  the same size. Or the same weight, depending on how much you filling you stuff into them.

Like the crochet squares, yo-yos are small projects that you can carry the materials for (in e.g. a purse) and sew one when you happen to have 10-15 min of extra time. I've read, on other peoples blogs, that some prefer doing it while watching TV. Personally, I couldn't do that, because I want to be certain that the stitches are small enough and that the ends are all fastened off properly.

The fabrics I'm making these in are light-weight 100% cotton fabrics, normally used to make patchwork and the like. Some prints work better than others, but really it's all up to your own taste.

Comments