Finished project: the modern hexie pillow

Project details

Name, Start/Finished date, Pattern and Fabrics used

Batting, backing and binding fabric:

  • Single layer of thinnest (40 g) polyester batting from Kruunun Kangas. 
  • Backing/inside of the pillow was the same cotton curtain fabrics as the front.

Quilting pattern:

  • Same as was used in the pattern, but I also did some free motion quilting outlines in the hexagons, so they would hold up better to getting washed.

Top and bobbin thread:

  • For piecing and quilting everything: Gutermann Mara 120, 100% polyester, 1000m, color 1 (natural white).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While searching for inspiration on hexagon EPP (English paper piecing) on Pinterest, I pinned a LOT of different hexie inspired projects. One of them was the Modern Hexagon Pillow, a pattern and tutorial written by Nicole of Modern Handcraft.

This summer has been unusually hot, so no one in the family really have been all that into using blankets. Instead, we've been using just the covers, and the kids have been sleeping in just their diapers. And so, no use for the blankets, but where to hide them? We have a distinct lack of available space in our wardrobes.

But, you can fill a pillow cover with blankets.

And so, I give you (in reverse) how I made my version of the Modern Hexagon pillow.

And yeah, the quilting on this one got a LOT wonky, because I didn't have any spray basting glue.
I don't care, because I think the whole looks good anyway.












And that was how I made - in reverse - my version of the pillow. Hope you enjoyed this quick post :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE ask permission BEFORE you PUBLICLY copy anything from my blog.

All images, all my text, and content that I specifically haven't referenced as belonging to someone else on this site are my property and they cannot be used, copied or transmitted without my consent.

The exception here is Pinterest, because I give you permission to pin my photos there IF YOU CITE THEM AS COMING FROM THIS BLOG AND THUS FROM ME.

I understand that Pinterest is useful for saving tutorials and photos for quilting inspiration, because I use it that way myself, and I'm okay with you doing that too - but PLEASE: "cite when you write". Give the creator some credit, will you? 
I have nothing against you trying to make something similar, or even selling it, but I'd like to get some credit for being your inspiration. Why? Well, because lots of crafts are passed down from person to person, and it feels nice to be able to say "yes, I taught you how to make that".

What I DON*T LIKE is you flat out stealing my photos and my written text. 

If you want, check out my own shared Pinterest board: 
My creations
Or my Flickr photos: My photostream
For questions or further permissions, please email me at linnea.gronstrand [at]gmail[dot]com

Comments