What I’m working on: contemplating next year

I know, it feels a bit weird, to just be suddenly thinking about ”what should my focus be on for the next year?”

~~~~~~~~


I know, the photo doesn't really match my question, but it does show that my kids wanted me to draw a "wolf in a forest" for them on your driveway, and then I later tried to add two wold cubs to make it all a bit more cute. Just goes to show that I am quite rubbish at drawing with chalk on asphalt.

I think I should stick to quilting instead.

~~~~~~~~~~

It’s the middle of May, and for the first time in many many MANY months, I feel a bit more ready to plan ahead.

(A sarcastic ”thank you?” here to the depression for taking away all of that back before I started getting rid of it.)

Not plan ahead of a lot of things, but since handicrafts for me feels ”safe” to plan ahead on (unlike life in general), I guess that’s why the thought just popped up.

This year (2019) it’s ”hand-sewing and hand-quilting”.  Last year, it was ”free motion quilting”. The year before that, it was mostly about just ”learn to properly quilt”.
So far, for next year, I’ve come up with a few ideas:
  • ”Finish ’em all up”
    • Only work on UFOs and after that WIPs still unfinished, and get those lists down to 0. (No, I’m not kidding, but it might get really boring after a while).
  • ”Bucket-list quilting”
  • "Learn to do appliqué"
  • ”Write 12 tutorials”
  • ”Write 12 patterns”
  • ”Scrapalooza quilting"
    • just to focus on scrap quilting to get my stash down by A LOT in size.
  • ”Sew your stash”
    • which would be a bit like the previous one, but the focus would be more on using up fabrics as a whole and not just scraps, while NOT buying any more fabrics.
  • ”Charity”
    • or focus on making donation quilts for either the preemie ward at the local hospital or somewhere similar.
No, I have still not really decided upon any of them. 

And just because I really -should- be concentrating on the first one, doesn’t mean that I couldn’t get to start on one of the others later in the year.

Or maybe I should just finish as many projects on my lists as I can, and start next year on learning something new?

Maybe it'll come to me if I wait a little longer?

And in the mean time, I'll just wish you all some future planning clarity :)

Comments