What I’m working on: getting better

This Friday didn’t start out so well.



I slipped a disc in my spine when I was helping the kids getting dressed in the morning. The ambulance that came had to give me intravenous morphine via drip just to get me (trying not to scream too much from the pain) down our stairs in a wheelchair, since getting me out strapped to a stretcher wouldn’t have worked.

Doctor at the hospital gave me 2 weeks of sick-leave. Since this is the second time for me getting a slipped disc, I know it will take longer (waaaay longer) than that to get better.



So, instead of me getting to sit down on Friday and Saturday night with some peaceful handstitching, I get to spend some time in the hospital instead.

Here’s to hoping your weekend started out better than mine!

P.S.
I saved the two empthy drip bags I got, just so my kids can get to play doctor with them on the dolls and teddies at home :P

Comments