Patchwork at the ER

It just like they say, ”I had such great plans, and then...”

In my case, it involved a bus. A small toy one, thankfully, but those Fisher Price yellow school busses sure are HEAVY.

I’m talking about this one, specifically:



In the back you can see my Defiant quilt top, just waiting to be sandwiched. THAT was what I actually had planned for the evening. I had backing and batting ready to go, I had gotten all the prep work done ahead of the evening’s sewing course.

Instead, I got to do this:



Spend a few hours at the ER.
(If you’re Finnish, that waiting number is funny, because the emergency number in Finland is 112. Just like the States have 911.)



Anyway, what happened was that my 3 yo son threw the bus on me. Specifically, the toe closest to my big toe on my left foot.

And I’m sitting here, just hoping it isn’t broken, but even so it hurts like a ...

Here’s to hoping your Thursday evening is a bit better than mine!


Comments