What I'm working on - whatever I can do


Hello everybody! Hope you had a nice celebration of the New Year, and that you weren't too tired on January 1st 2019 to enjoy that holiday to the fullest.

Me, I spent that day with a slight fever.

Yeah, I started my new year with fever. And the whole of December was just one flu after another, and together with my right hand's thumb's muscles being inflamed it all was just one thing to just endure after another.

*sigh*

But! Since I couldn't hand sew anything, I tried doing whatever small thing I could.


I pulled down the loose odd blocks I had on my design board, and put up the blocks for English Teatime and the second Christmas quilt on it. Above you can see the blocks for the first.


And here are the second's. I -so- need to get some more of that red fabric. I've tried to figure out how to do the quilt scrappy with different reds, but it just starts to look horrible. So, I -need- to find more of that fabric.


I planned some more on the Sashiko quilt. I'm using Susan Briscoe's books Japanese Quilt Blocks to Mix and Match and Japanese Taupe Quilts: 125 Blocks in Calm and Neutral Colors to get ideas and help on how to do and plan the sashiko motifs I want for some of the blocks. I'm a bit undecided as to yet on how the other blocks should look, but I guess once I start actively working and sewing on the quilt it'll come to me.


Since I started seeing the Jolly Bar Meringue quilt pop up on other bloggers posts during December (like Kristin Esser, Cynthia Brunz and Melanie of A Bit of Scrap Stuff), I just though that maybe I should finally get around to making a dent in all those second hand and donated fabrics in neutral colors.

So, I cut out as many neutral block parts as I could get out of the whole lot of fabrics. I've been thinking about what to pair them with, but so far no concrete idea has come up. Perhaps something modern, like just bright solids?


Also, my little soon-to-become-four-year old daughter drew two Sharpie doodles on the extension table for the Husqvarna sewing machine.

*sigh*

And since I had finally finished those sawtooth star block, I just sew some odd leftover block parts into basic 16-patches.


I also sorted and folded some fabric scraps I had gotten from the fabric stash at Arbis. I had searched through it to find any small parts of Christmas fabrics and fabric that could work for the Sashiko quilt


And I also prepared for getting those color block quilts quilted (they're the one under the folded fabrics), when I had finally (on December 20th) gotten my sewing machine back from service. I managed to to do just that for two of them on the 30th and 31st of December. Just the quilty thing to do with a slight fever and on the last day of the old year :P

Wishing you all a great start on this new year! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE ask permission BEFORE you PUBLICLY copy anything from my blog.

All images, all my text, and content that I specifically haven't referenced as belonging to someone else on this site are my property and they cannot be used, copied or transmitted without my consent.

The exception here is Pinterest, because I give you permission to pin my photos there IF YOU CITE THEM AS COMING FROM THIS BLOG AND THUS FROM ME.

I understand that Pinterest is useful for saving tutorials and photos for quilting inspiration, because I use it that way myself, and I'm okay with you doing that too - but PLEASE: "cite when you write". Give the creator some credit, will you? 
I have nothing against you trying to make something similar, or even selling it, but I'd like to get some credit for being your inspiration. Why? Well, because lots of crafts are passed down from person to person, and it feels nice to be able to say "yes, I taught you how to make that".

What I DON*T LIKE is you flat out stealing my photos and my written text. 

If you want, check out my own shared Pinterest board: 
My creations
Or my Flickr photos: My photostream
For questions or further permissions, please email me at linnea.gronstrand [at]gmail[dot]com

Comments