Stash update June 2019


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I think this listing one stash update per month is a bit better than listing them each separately. I think it might make me more consistent with trying to stay under 40 euros a month on quilting supplies.

Then came June.... and I had to leave Vasa for nearly a week to go to Hanko and complete two intensive courses in pedagogy. With me, I took some hand sewing EPP blocks for both R(ed) is for Rita and my Secret Hearts quilt.  I took the most boring pieces I could with me - just so I would be forced to finish them if I had any leftover time.

I didn't have time to second hand/thrift shop for anything other than one pair of pants! Because I sorely needed a pair! Such is life when you pack in a hurry...

However, after that Hanko-trip me and the family spent Midsummer in Kirkkonummi with my elderly parents, and then I went to Ikea to buy something. Yes, I had planned for that very thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~





At Halonen, I again had to stock up with some spray glue
and I bought a pack of self-threading needles, a pack of
milliners 9 needles, and some thread conditioner.

I must say, that thread conditioner was totally crap.


I also bought some more label marker pens
from Suomalainen Kirjakauppa.
Totally forgot to take a photo of them, though

~~~~~~

But this was the "thing" I was a bit nervous about buying,
because I guessed it would totally break the yearly budget.

The parts I needed to make a hand-quilting frame.

My husband bought the wooden planks for ~3 euros and
sponsored the money to buy the clamps (4 x 1,90 euros, and a pack
of mini ones for 4,60 euros)

You can read more about the frame [insert link here].


 Light blue "Ditte" fabric; 105 cm x WOF (140 cm)
4,19 euros


  Dark blue "Ditte" fabric; 102 cm x WOF (140 cm)
4,07 euros


And then those from the As-is bags
 I found in the scrap and end-of-bolt box:
white 41 cm x WOF      1,00 euros
white 64 cm x WOF      1,90 euros
black 136 cm x WOF    3,00 euros




Oh, and my dear friend Johanna had done some destashing,
and donated a LOT of quilting cottons to me when
I was in Hanko on the pedagogy course.




Oh my goodness, that unicorn fabric here
under is an Art Gallery fabric! 





~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Red cross flea market)
0,50        embroidery floss
1,40        Perlé cotton yarn
0,20        green pieces of scrap fabric
0,20        white piece of scrap fabric
------
2,30 euros

(Halonen)
16,50      spray glue
2,85        a pack of self-threading needles
2,00        a pack of milliners 9 needles
3,90        thread conditioner, Prym
-15%
------
21,46 euros

(Suomalainen Kirjakauppa)
2,95      1 red Identi-pens permanent marker
5,90      2 black Identi-pens permanent markers
------
8,85 euros

(Ikea)
50,00     2 "Finnvard" table legs
4,19       Ditte fabric, new light blue 105 cm x WOF (140 cm)
4,07       Ditte fabric, new dark blue 102 cm x WOF
1,00       Ditte fabric, white, 41 cm x WOF    
1,90       Ditte fabric, white 64 cm x WOF      
3,00       Ditte fabric, black 136 cm x WOF    
------
64,16 euros

==============
96,77 € total

Total spent on stash this year:

January     68.26 euros
February     9.00 euros
March       66.24 euros
April         20.00 euros
May          77.72 euros
June          96.77 euros

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE ask permission BEFORE you PUBLICLY copy anything from my blog.


All images, all my text, and content that I specifically haven't referenced as belonging to someone else on this site are my property and they cannot be used, copied or transmitted without my consent.

The exception here is Pinterest, because I give you permission to pin my photos there IF YOU CITE THEM AS COMING FROM THIS BLOG AND THUS FROM ME.

I understand that Pinterest is useful for saving tutorials and photos for quilting inspiration, because I use it that way myself, and I'm okay with you doing that too - but PLEASE: "cite when you write". Give the creator some credit, will you?

I have nothing against you trying to make something similar, or even selling it, but I'd like to get some credit for being your inspiration. Why? Well, because lots of crafts are passed down from person to person, and it feels nice to be able to say "yes, I taught you how to make that".

What I DON*T LIKE is you flat out stealing my photos and my written text. 

If you want, check out my own shared Pinterest board: My creations
Or my Flickr photos: My photostream

For questions or further permissions, please email me at linnea.gronstrand [at]gmail[dot]com

Comments