Stash update May 2019



~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this listing one stash update per month is a bit better than listing them each separately. I think it might make me more consistent with trying to stay under 40 euros a month on quilting supplies.

This month I kinda caved in, and bought myself some very sorely needed new ergonomic thimbles and an ergonomic seam ripper. I threw all my old seam rippers away. And I don't miss them at all!

I also finally bought the white Perla fabric I needed to complete my Sawtooth stars quilt! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my maternal aunts had done some destashing, 
and these were the things she sent me.
After I had gone through all the plastic bags,
throwing away all the yarns that were brittle and 
all the supplies that weren't anything I could donate to
either the children's daycare or other people,
those I put into my own stash.


Like e.g. all these cotton Christmas ribbons.


When my mother and father came for a visit, we took the children
on a flea market round to find some more pants for my little boy.
I also happened to find this quilting fabric there. 





I was surprised at how many nice things I found at Palosaaren
kirppis flea market - usually I find more stuff for the children there.






Now, these were the things I -really- needed:


I found some wooden frames at Comboliina, and
those I thought I could use for either my own quilty
memories or for the children's art projects.


And then, finally, I could get to buy the much needed white Perla
cotton fabric I need to finish my Sawtooth stars quilt.

At the same time, I went into Halonen's sewing supply store,
and bought Gutermann Mara thread, one more can of spray glue
and a few patches of cars and butterflies for the children's clothes.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Fyndis flea market)
2,50         pink quilting fabric
------
2,50 euros

(Red cross flea market)
1,00        one piece of dark green solid fabric
1,00        2 pieces of light blue solid fabric
1,50        2 pieces of blue big printed geometric fabric 
------
3,50 euros

(Palosaaren kirppis flea market)
0,90       1 ball of Kotiväki Huvila yarn, pink
4,00       3 balls of the same variegated yarn
1,00       one baggie with 3 small balls of leftover variegated yarns
1,00        2 balls of blue cotton yarn
2,00        pink Tilda fabric, 126 cm x WOF (145 cm)
------
8,90 euros

(Ompelijan Maailma)
4,10       2 ergonomic thimbles, Prym, size S
4,80       large ergonomic seamripper, Prym
1,10       postage
-----------
10,00 euros

(Combolina flea market)
2,00       2 wooden frames
1,00       2 blue wooden frames
--------
3,00 euros

(Eurokangas)
12,95      white (A100) Perla  fabric
11,80      2 m polyester batting, 150 g thick, to use for Julia.s color block quilt
---------
24,75 euros

(Halonen)
5,50      Gutermann Mara, color 800 (white)
9,50      2 patches, dumper trucks
6,80      2 patches, pink butterflies
2,95      patch, small police car
4,75      patch, fire engine
-15%
--------
25,07 euros

==============
77,72 € total

Total spent on stash this year:

January     68.26 euros
February     9.00 euros
March       66.24 euros
April         20.00 euros
May          77,72 euros

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE ask permission BEFORE you PUBLICLY copy anything from my blog.


All images, all my text, and content that I specifically haven't referenced as belonging to someone else on this site are my property and they cannot be used, copied or transmitted without my consent.

The exception here is Pinterest, because I give you permission to pin my photos there IF YOU CITE THEM AS COMING FROM THIS BLOG AND THUS FROM ME.

I understand that Pinterest is useful for saving tutorials and photos for quilting inspiration, because I use it that way myself, and I'm okay with you doing that too - but PLEASE: "cite when you write". Give the creator some credit, will you?

I have nothing against you trying to make something similar, or even selling it, but I'd like to get some credit for being your inspiration. Why? Well, because lots of crafts are passed down from person to person, and it feels nice to be able to say "yes, I taught you how to make that".

What I DON*T LIKE is you flat out stealing my photos and my written text. 

If you want, check out my own shared Pinterest board: My creations
Or my Flickr photos: My photostream

For questions or further permissions, please email me at linnea.gronstrand [at]gmail[dot]com

Comments