My quilting works-in-progress and unfinished ones

(another photo heavy post, but again, I don't think you'll mind)

I read a lot of blogs.
And by a lot, I mean I follow about 300+ blogs (via Bloglovin) and read blog posts mostly at night when I can't fall asleep again if the kids have woken me up. Or when I'm trying to fall asleep. Or when I desperately want to read something and I don't have enough money to buy another book on Amazon Kindle...

If it's one thing - reading about other peoples quilting projects - that I've learned, it's that creative people usually start a lot of project. And some projects get finished, and some don't, and thus the dividing line of WIP:s and UFO:s (works-in-progress and unfinished objects).

I keep track of mine via my own quilt planner, and I move the project pages from UFO:s to WIP:s as they stall or I feel I have too many projects going on. But I thought, maybe it would be nice to see a summary of them all.

These are my WIP:s

1. the Blue Roses and Denim quilt

The top is done, and ironed. It's waiting to become a quilt sandwich and be quilted.
I need backing fabric, batting and a quilting plan for it.


2. the 12 Color blocks quilts

Yes, 12 of them. And so far, 3 have been completed. You can see them here; first, second, and third.
The photo below shows how the quilt tops are supposed to look once completed (the photo is the one I took of the first as it got finished on November 29th, 2017).


The remaining nine ones I have in two stages of completion; those that need just borders attached, and those that also need some sashing strips attached on one side.




Yeah, this project has filled a box and then some...


The borders, and some binding strips, have already been cut. I just need time to sew them into place so the corners can be fixed like this:


This project needs time. Time, time and time. And more white cotton for bindings, and batting and backing fabrics.

3. the Odd blocks color quilt nr 2, aka Violet and Orange Sawtooth Stars

The pattern is Becky Tillman-Petersen's Scrappy Sawtooth Stars, but I needed to convert mine from the inches used into centimeters. I wrote about cutting out violets to use for the star points here. The centers of the violet stars are all done too, they were made with leftover squares from the color blocks + some more I had to cut out to get enough.


I need to cut out oranges too, because I've been planning to have the quilt back mimic the top so the quilt can be reversible. I've never done one of those before, so that's why it's taking me so long.




Thus, I have to finish sewing blocks for the top and back.

4. the One Block Wonder, or OBW quilt

This one needs to be ironed, and have borders attached. I just haven't decided what type of borders I'd like to make, so this one has been sitting like this in a project box since August 2017.



So, borders and then to become a quilt sandwich.

5. the Jeans 10/10 cm quilt

This one is (yet another) recycled jeans project, and I need to cut up 80 more 10x10 cm denim pieces for it to have everything it needs to become a quilt top. And I also need more orange thread - the kind that matches the indigo of the denim - and then I can proceed with this one.


Above are the blocks already sown together, and the ones in the photo below are the ones that I've already cut up for it. But 80 more are needed.


I already have a quilting plan for this one, and I think it only will need the thinnest batting because the denim is so think.

6. the Pecking Order quilt, nr 2

The center for this one is done. I'm still debating on what type of borders I want to put on it. The pattern is a Missouri Star Quilt Co pattern called "Pecking Order", but I'm changing it up as I go along. I just liked this very simple way to make giant stars.


So, borders and it's off to become a quilt sandwich.

7. the Fake cathedral windows mini-quilt

This was the second denim quilt I started on the jeans makeover course. It's about halfway done, and since I only can complete it on the sewing machine at Arbis that has the pre-programmed flower sewing pattern I need, I can only sew it at Arbis.


So, this one is an only-work-at-in-Arbis.

And these are my UFO:s

1. Pecking Order nr 1

  • have cut out the pieces for the star blocks, in the same natural white as the one above

2. Peking Order nr 3


  • have cut out 75 background pieces in black, still need to cut out solids for the star points

3. the Odd blocks color quilt nr 1

  • all odd 5x5cm pieces left over from the color block quilts, sewn together into 16-patches. So far, I have just a few done.

4. the Odd blocks color quilt nr 3

  • same type as the one above, but maybe with sashings

5. Wanta Fanta




6. Rainbow Scraps quilt




7. Circles of color quilt

8. Three free motion quilting projects 





And that should be it for all my current ongoing quilting projects. Most of them will need to get their own written posts, but that will probably mean they will get one when they get finished.

I do have one knitting and one crochet project going on too, but I will write about them in another blog post, since they aren't quilting related :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE ask permission BEFORE you PUBLICLY copy anything from my blog.

All images, all my text, and content that I specifically haven't referenced as belonging to someone else on this site are my property and they cannot be used, copied or transmitted without my consent.

The exception here is Pinterest, because I give you permission to pin my photos there IF YOU CITE THEM AS COMING FROM THIS BLOG AND THUS FROM ME.

I understand that Pinterest is useful for saving tutorials and photos for quilting inspiration, because I use it that way myself, and I'm okay with you doing that too - but PLEASE: "cite when you write". Give the creator some credit, will you? 
I have nothing against you trying to make something similar, or even selling it, but I'd like to get some credit for being your inspiration. Why? Well, because lots of crafts are passed down from person to person, and it feels nice to be able to say "yes, I taught you how to make that".

What I DON*T LIKE is you flat out stealing my photos and my written text. 

If you want, check out my own shared Pinterest board: 
My creations
Or my Flickr photos: My photostream
For questions or further permissions, please email me at linnea.gronstrand [at]gmail[dot]com

Comments