My quilting WIPs and UFOs in May 2018




One month has passed since the last progress update on these, so I thought I'd write an update on how far I've gotten on all of my projects. During April, I've (among other things) been to a sewing weekend at Arbis, so that helped with getting some of the projects a little further along.

Some projects have been moved from UFO to WIP, and vice versa. The lists are fluid that way :)

These are my WIP:s

1. the Blue Roses and Denim quilt


  • This one is DONE! And it looks great :)

2. the 12 Color blocks quilts


  • Yes, twelve of them. And so far, three have been completed. You can see them here; firstsecond, and third.
  • No progress at all since last time I wrote. Which is a bit bad, but I have wanted to get other projects cleared away to have time to work on these.
  • This project still needs some backing fabrics, now that I have bought batting. And quilting plans for all of these.

3. the Odd blocks color quilt nr 2, aka Violet and Orange Sawtooth Stars


  • I've made some progress! I now have 21 violet stars done, and 25 orange ones. Out of the 36 that I need of each.
  • I need more white background fabric for the rest of the blocks, as well as for the sashing. And more unique violet and orange star point fabrics...
  • Thus, I have to -still- finish sewing blocks for the top and back.

4. the Pecking Order quilt, nr 2



  • I've written about this one here. And it is still "stuck" in the same state, because I have no idea about how to make the borders yet. But I've made some plans, and I think it will involve the bonus HST from the blocks, and star shapes.
  • So, borders and it also needs backing fabric.

5. the Fake cathedral windows mini-quilt


  • This one is DONE! And even though there are some parts of it I would have done differently, now that I know the technique, I am never the less so happy the quilt is finished.

6. the secret sewing Cars quilt for my kids


  • This one is also DONE! And it is in active use by the kids.

7. Rainbow Scraps quilt


And these are my UFO:s

1. the One Block Wonder, or OBW quilt

  • Still needs to be ironed, and have borders attached. So it's still at the same stage it was since August 2017. I need more white backing fabric for it.
  • So, it still needs borders, time, and a plan on how to finish it.

2. the Jeans 10/10 cm quilt

  • No progress on this one either, because I still haven't bought "the right orange" thread. And it still needs 80 more 10x10 cm denim squares. An I haven't even  gotten to the cutting up denim part.

3. Pecking Order nr 1

  • have cut out the pieces for the star blocks, in the same natural white as the one above in WIP:s. I have also the accents fabrics picked out, I just need to get it under way.

4. Peking Order nr 3

  • have cut out 75 background pieces in black, still need to cut out solids for the star points.

5. the Odd blocks color quilt nr 1

  • all odd 5x5cm pieces left over from the color block quilts, sewn together into 16-patches. So far, I have just a few done.

6. the Odd blocks color quilt nr 3

  • same type as the one above, but maybe with sashings.

7. Wanta Fanta

  • a paper piecing pattern I wanted to try my sewing skills on. I have a few blocks done, but no inspiration for it now.

8. Circles of color quilt

9. Three free motion quilting projects

  • This involves fleece blankets and my maternal grandmother's doilies.
  • No progress on these either, because I need more grey thread.

10. the I-spy-blocks

  • These also were a thing I just wanted to sew because I couldn't make progress on other project. The idea with them were to learn how to make this type of block. It has many names; economy block, square-in-a-square block, diamond block. But what it does is provide you with a nice way to show off fussy cut fabrics.
  • So far, I got 6 blocks, and then I ran out of both the black and the polka-dot-blue fabric. And I'm stuck with what I want to make out of  them, because I ran out of the fabrics.




And that should be it for all my current ongoing quilting projects and in-the-closet-languishing-ones. I hope to write another update in one month :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE ask permission BEFORE you PUBLICLY copy anything from my blog.

All images, all my text, and content that I specifically haven't referenced as belonging to someone else on this site are my property and they cannot be used, copied or transmitted without my consent.

The exception here is Pinterest, because I give you permission to pin my photos there IF YOU CITE THEM AS COMING FROM THIS BLOG AND THUS FROM ME.

I understand that Pinterest is useful for saving tutorials and photos for quilting inspiration, because I use it that way myself, and I'm okay with you doing that too - but PLEASE: "cite when you write". Give the creator some credit, will you? 
I have nothing against you trying to make something similar, or even selling it, but I'd like to get some credit for being your inspiration. Why? Well, because lots of crafts are passed down from person to person, and it feels nice to be able to say "yes, I taught you how to make that".

What I DON*T LIKE is you flat out stealing my photos and my written text. 

If you want, check out my own shared Pinterest board: 
My creations
Or my Flickr photos: My photostream
For questions or further permissions, please email me at linnea.gronstrand [at]gmail[dot]com

Comments