What I'm working on: a flu is only good for hand-stitching


We (that is, me and the kids) have been home now for a while with the "daycare flu". I've been unable to use my sewing machine, because I've been feeling too tired and achy. My nose has been runny, so of course my asthma makes itself known by lots of mucus in my lungs. The kids have been coughing too.

*sigh*

But, I did manage to get a few things done.

I cleaned up my "work table" in the living room a bit - organizing the projects I had out and putting away fabric scraps. Then, I cut up all the card stock (you know, old baby gruel boxes and the like) I had accumulated on the same table. I cut out templates to be used for three very different projects:

- the Lucy's Terrace-quilt,
- the Farmer's Wife 1920 sampler-quilt,
- my own, second Christmas EPP quilt

So yes, some quilt planning and prepping has taken place.

I've also taken all the spare time I could get (while the children were napping, while we were drawing crayon pictures, while the were watching some cartoons etc) to also prep a few EPP blocks, just so I could have them ready to be stitched when time would allow for that.


I also finished designing this EPP block I suddenly got an idea for. It's amazing what your brain can come up with while being flu stressed. I'm currently thinking I should write a tutorial for that one, but I need the kids well and back to being in daycare for that to happen.


I've also managed to do some hand-quilting on my Rainbow Scraps quilt.


Soon the whole red row will be done. Only six rows left after that.

I also made my first hoop quilt, commemorating me taking part in the Kingfisher SAL (stitch-along). I need to write a full post for that one too. It was a project that only took me one day, as I happened to have everything I needed on hand. My friend Marianne found the hoop (it cost me 3,50 euros) on our second hand-shop tour when she was here. I stitched the last hexie flower I made for the SAL to a taupe fabric with lots of cats on it that I had in my stash, and added a backing and a layer of the thinnest (40 g) polyester batting I had on hand. 


I'm contemplating making another one to commemorate another event too. But more of that in another post.
----o---o----

I'm hoping this post finds you well, and that you're spared from the autumn flu :) 
Happy quilting everybody!

Comments