When you are feverish, your dreams...

... takes you to real stupid places. I've had influenza since Thursday evening, and since I always get so tired when I'm sick, I usually just sleep. Sleep, try to drink some water, don't eat any, and then sleep some more. Today's the first day I even feel clear-headed enough to use the computer for anything creative.

Anyway, last night I dreamt that I was standing on the porch of my family's summer cottage. My Mom was there, and some other people too (don't remember who though). The whole dirt road before the house was mushy, kinda like how it gets in spring when the snow melts and all the water doesn't drain away quickly enough.
So, I'm standing there, and suddenly I see that the mud is crawling with leaches. As in HUGE leaches. Big as my arm. Black and gray in coloring. And one is slithering its way towards my Mom's ankle, and is about to latch on. So, I run inside the house, and apparently manage to find the red axe* in the green bureau. I take the axe outside, and start decapitating every leach I see. Which is not an easy thing, and pretty disgusting too. Even weirder, their insides look like the baste you make meat balls out of. Really unrealistic, physiologically speaking.

*this axe would btw NEVER be inside the house, it would be in the garage where it belongs.

So.... I think my brain is telling me that it's time to stop being sick. Because it feels as if it sure as hell can't take much more of this.

On the bright side though, it's sunny and warm outside today, and Micke bought me strawberries for breakfast. Say what you want, but I think he's perfect.

Comments