My progress in the Goodreads reading challenge of 2018

So, I managed by April to read at least 25 books. That was my Goodreads challenge for this year, and unlike last year, I don't want to stress myself by changing the challenge to a larger number. 

If you take into account that nearly all of these books have been read in the Amazon Kindle app, and thus also that I have bought them via Amazon, they represent how much money I've bought books for already this year. Since I'm still on child care welfare, the amount of money left for buying books is ridiculously low by now. And no, I don't have any savings left. The library and the net are the options left for me now...at least until the day I get a job.

Out of these 27 books, "Love Minus Eighty" by Will McIntosh is the one that's  going to be one of this year's most memorable books. I've had it on my Amazon wish list for 3 years now, and only went it suddenly went on sale for 3,71 dollars did I have the money to be able to buy it (I usually only buy books for a maximum of 5 dollars/book, unless it's a author I'd -really really- want to read a newly published book from). I had read a very depressing review of the book, but I never the less wanted to read it. Expecting it to end badly for all the protagonists, I was pleasantly surprised when it ended in such a potentially hopeful way for them.

*sigh*

But yeah, I haunt the sales. I really do.

*sigh*

Here's to hoping for more "cheap" books in my future.

I wonder how many digital books I've bought via Amazon?

*checking*

Okay. Since May 2013, I've bought a total of 219 books. Since I have 488 physical books registered into my library via Librarything, it means that I have almost as many digital books as physical ones. Maybe in 2 years, I might have passed that 488 book limit?



This year I've bought 22 digital books, which means that out of the 27 books counted into my challenge only 5 have been from other providers than Amazon.

It feels like a case of "shut up and take my money".

*eye roll*

Comments