Stash update 7/2018

It feels so typical a situation: as soon as I learn of a new (to me) interesting store, I learn they're going out of business. 

So is it also this time, with the small fabric store Kruunun Kangas / Tygkronan in Vetokannas, which is close to our house.

The day I and the kids went to check out the store, it was one of the rare days when we had the car available (because Mikael had taken his bike to work). We ran a few other errands, and when we arrived at Tygkronan, little boy had fallen asleep in the car. Little girl was awake and happily munching away on some warm snacks I had bought at the store we went to before arriving.

I tried to be smart and not take too much time shopping, because leaving little boy in the car unsupervised sat ill with me. And, since I was looking for specific shades/colors of solid fabrics, and the store mainly had a nice selection of home decor fabrics, it didn't all that long. And little boy slept through it all. And little girl ate her snacks and was happy.

I, however, found polyester batting for 50% off. And that made my day. I would have bought all the store owner had, but I had -no- room left in the car to transport it home.

Three small strips (16 cm x WOF) of solids, to try to see if they would match the rainbow indigo blocks I need done.
And a scrap of Christmas fabric.

How do you store two rolls of batting in a smart way, when you actually have no smart place to put them?

Well... you just try to balance them on the shelf above you and across the room on the fabric stacks?

Gosh, what a bad way to store something.
Sadly, I've lost the receipt from the store, but I could check via my banking app how much I payed.

?  fabric
?  fabric
?  fabric
?  Christmas fabric
?  roll of batting (0,6 cm)
?  roll of batting (1 cm)
______________
48,33 € total

Total spent on stash this year: 

 256,03 + 48,33 = 304,36 €

Comments