Contemplating focus for 2019

One of the more frustrating things about going to therapy is that you have no idea how long it will take to get your brain to fix itself again, just so you can get on with your life.

My therapist laughed with me when I honestly told her ”I’m here to be able able to stop seeing you”.

Because why else do it all, if not to get better?

So, since I can’t plan anything about my home-life, I can at least try to plan something about my crafting life. About ideas on what I’d like to focus on during 2019. During 2018 my goal has been to focus on free motion quilting, and I have done that. As well as try to become a more accurate piecer and machine sewist.

I’m contemplating hand-sewing as my focus for 2019.

To do that, I have two projects in mind:




English paper piecing
Continuing with EPP (English paper piecing), I’d like to make a quilt called ”Lucy’s Terrace” (pattern by Jodi Godfrey of Tales of Cloth) which is based on a quilt called Lucy Boston which is made from a historical pattern called ”Patchwork of the Crosses” by Linda Franz. I’ve already kinda gotten started by cutting out card-stock templates for the blocks. Every block needs at least 30 honeycomb hexagons, so I have my work cut out for me.
*snigger*



Sashiko
I want to make a quilt that has denim pieces embroidered with white classical sashiko patterns.
I have so many (oh, how many!) denim pieces already cut out in my boxes, it would be nice to get to do something with them. I know I also already have sashiko needles, I think I bought them in 2016. I just need to find where I put them, and then find someone that sells the kind of cotton thread I'd like to use for this project. Preferably 'real' sashiko-thread.


And that's all the things I've thought up so far. Maybe I'll come up with more, because it's only September and three and a half month until it's officially 2019.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE ask permission BEFORE you PUBLICLY copy anything from my blog.

All images, all my text, and content that I specifically haven't referenced as belonging to someone else on this site are my property and they cannot be used, copied or transmitted without my consent.

The exception here is Pinterest, because I give you permission to pin my photos there IF YOU CITE THEM AS COMING FROM THIS BLOG AND THUS FROM ME.

I understand that Pinterest is useful for saving tutorials and photos for quilting inspiration, because I use it that way myself, and I'm okay with you doing that too - but PLEASE: "cite when you write". Give the creator some credit, will you? 
I have nothing against you trying to make something similar, or even selling it, but I'd like to get some credit for being your inspiration. Why? Well, because lots of crafts are passed down from person to person, and it feels nice to be able to say "yes, I taught you how to make that".

What I DON*T LIKE is you flat out stealing my photos and my written text. 

If you want, check out my own shared Pinterest board: 
My creations
Or my Flickr photos: My photostream
For questions or further permissions, please email me at linnea.gronstrand [at]gmail[dot]com

Comments