Our winter

Since the snow is finally here for a while, I thought it would be nice to show you our house in it's "winter suit".

Too bad the Christmas lights, that I put up on the hanging under the roof, don't show up in the photo. In the dark (and hey, we have about 5 h of light in the day now, woohoo to live in Finland during the dark winters) they light up the front yard really prettily.



We are goung to have to shovel some more snow, I see.




The Christmas decor will stay up until January 13, which is "Tjugondag Knut" (Swedish word for it) here in Finland and the day the Christmas holiday officially ends.

Us, we'll keep the lights on the house up until it gets light enough not to need them. And the wreath, that I made myself from spruce and a string of dried rowan berries, will stay up until it starts to look too dried out. So far, the button-art on it has kept up with the cold just fine, so we might be able to re-use it.

Comments